St. Theresa School Fishing Tournament Rules & Regulations
1. All fish entered in this tournament must be caught by registered anglers only. No mate or other person may, in any way, hook a fish or assist in hooking a fish and turn rod with hooked fish over to the angler.
2. No more than four lines per boat are permitted, except for vessels carrying more than four registered anglers. Then, one line per pre-registered angler is allowed with a maximum of six lines.
3. Fishing with live bait, teasers, bird lures and/or kites is permitted. The use of wire lines and electric reels is not permitted.
4. The fishing limits are the water of the U.S., not more than 25 miles offshore. Anglers may fish as far north and south as they wish, but all entrants must return to the weigh station no later than 4 p.m.
5. Any type of boat may be used in the tournament. Any size inboard, outboard or outdrive. The official length of the boat as recorded on the entry blank must be the length shown on the state registration form or official document papers.
6. No refunds of any fees of any sort will be made for any cause in the event of unsafe conditions at sea for the average boat entered in the tournament. The weather committee, in its best judgment, may call off the tournament until better conditions prevail. Such notice of cancellation/resumption will be broadcast on tournament channel 71 at 7:00AM.
7. All boats will check in on channel 71 between 6:30 and 8:30AM. The start and official “lines in the water” will be at 7:00AM.
8. Any boat with lines in the water before or after the official times will be disqualified from the tournament.
9. It is expressly understood that all participants in the tournament enter at their own risk by registering an angler in the tournament. Each angler holds harmless St. Theresa School, its officers and staff, its sponsors and donors, and all persons connected directly or indirectly with the operation of the tournament from any liability for libel, slander, loss damage, negligence, harm, injury, or death suffered by any participant, entrant, sport fisherman, their companions, boat captains, crew members, vessels and equipment which may occur during or in conjunction with the tournament.
10. By registering as an angler in the tournament, the angler consents that St. Theresa School may use without payment or restriction, photographs in which he or she appears for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to: resale, advertising, commercial or promotional material. The angler further releases St. Theresa School, its officers and staff from any injury, loss, or damage which may result from said photographs.
11. All decisions of the St. Theresa School rules committee are final.
12. Team winners will be determined by the vessel bringing in the heaviest total points (points listed in #17 below) combined weight of 5 fish maximum.
13. A 5-lb. minimum weight limit or species statutory minimum limit and a two fish per species, per angler, will be in effect for all species in rule #17.
14. All boats with fish to be weighed must proceed directly to the weigh station upon return. All fish to be entered in the tournament must be delivered to the weigh-in area no later than 4 p.m. Fish not weighed in or at the weigh-in area by the specified time will not count in the tournament scoring.
15. Individual winners will be determined by the angler bringing in the single heaviest fish caught, within the tournament listed species, not to include billfish, shark, amberjack, barracuda or tarpon. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by whichever fish is weighed in first. Each angler can win only one prize for individual angler awards (i.e., 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place).
16. All anglers must comply with the laws of the state of Florida with regard to size and limitations and have a valid Florida fishing license.
17. The following species will be awarded one point per pound: DOLPHIN, KINGFISH, WAHOO, COBIA, GROUPER, SNAPPER, MACKERAL, TUNA (Black fin & Yellow fin) and AFRICAN POMPANO.
18. NO POINTS WILL BE AWARDED FOR ANY OTHER SPECIES, I.E., AMBERJACK, BARRACUDA, BILLFISH, SHARK, TARPON, SKIPJACK OR BONITO.
19. Mutilated or obviously frozen fish will not count in the scoring.
20. While not a requirement, everyone participating in this tournament is encouraged to have a great time!